Cystic Fibrosis by dr.sunil tak

by Symptom Advice on May 15, 2011

What is Cystic Fibrosis?

Cystic Fibrosis is a average genetic ailment that affects many organs of the body. the most average organs affected are the lungs, sinus and pancreas. Other organs that are also affected are; liver and gallbladder, intestines, reproductive organs in men and women. Cystic Fibrosis also affects the difficulty glands. This means the inadequate gene interferes with the body's ability to carry water and salt to and from cells, which means that people who suffer from Cystic Fibrosis altogether have bristly and sticky secretion. This is not so good since it clogs up many organs of the body. In non-CF people, the secretions are thin and watery, which is normal.

How organs are affect

Respiratory System:

Cystic Fibrosis affects ones breathing and the alibi for this is because emanation in the airway becomes bristly and blocks the airways, which makes this difficult for most CF patients to breath.  Normal emanation in the airway is altogether thin which makes it easier for emanation to pass through and be cleared. Because of this reason, lung infections are very average is CF patients. Pseudomonas Aeruginosa (PA) is the most average bacteria that beget lung infections. Sinus difficulty may also occur due to respiratory infections of CF patients, which mean that CF patients have a higher risk of sinus infections. the alibi for sinus infections is due to nasal polys, which are non-cancerous tumours in the liner of the nasal passage. when this happens, altogether surgery is required. I have had 18 surgeries in my life due to this reason.

Digestive System:

Cystic Fibrosis affects the digestive system due to lack of enzymes in the pancreas. This means that not adequate nutrients can be digested. Patients with CF must take enzymes in order to absorb all the nutrients taken in by food. Lack of enzymes in the body causes many CF patients to be under weight. In CF, many patients lack the assimilation of fats and proteins, so when this happens, higher intake of fat and proteins from food are required. Sticky emanation is alternative issue why people in CF lack assimilation because of abnormal bristly secretion, this blocks the ducts or passageways to the pancreas preventing healthy digestive juices from toward the inside the intestines, making it almost not possible to digest proteins and fats.

Prevention is the best medication for cystic fibrosis. Although, nowadays there is no known cure there are natural supplements for cystic fibrosis. Natural dietetic supplements afford your digestive system the proper enzymes needed to process food and abate the intensity of cystic fibrosis. (

Reproductive System:

Cystic Fibrosis affects the reproductive system due to the sticky emanation in the sexual organs. For men, this may beget obstruction of the sperm canal. For women, this may beget infertility or a abate in fertility, yet it is not not possible for a woman with CF to get pregnant.  Many women who have cystic fibrosis have successful pregnancies, but they need attached monitoring because of their dietetic status and the addition crick on their lungs.

Symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis

There are many symptoms that are associated with CF, but vary from person to person. Below are the lists of symptoms:

-chronic cough -coughing up blood -collapsed lung -clubbing (rounding and enlargement of the fingers and toes) -heart enlargement -nasal polyps (fleshy growths in the nose) -sinusitis (inflamed nasal sinuses) -delayed sexual development -absence or stopping of menstruation -irregular menstrual periods -inflammation of the cervix -infertility or sterility -salty tasting skin -bowel obstruction -frequent wheezing or pneumonia -abdominal swelling -vomiting -dehydration -pneumothorax (rupture of lung tissue and trapping of air between the lung and bureau wall) -Liver and gallbladder problems -Gassiness

Who is altogether affected by Cystic Fibrosis and how it is diagnosed?

Did you know that it is most average for Caucasians to be diagnosed with cystic fibrosis? it is said that 1 out of all 3600 children in Canada are diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. 1 in 25 people are carriers of this gene, which means they do not have CF, but because they carry this gene they can pass it on to their children.  it is said that in the United States, Cystic Fibrosis is the number 1 killer amongst children and adults. Here is anything I had base on what happens when two people are a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis. 

When two people who carry the CF gene have a child, there is:

a 25% chance that the babe will be born with cystic fibrosis; a 50% chance that the babe will not have CF, but will be a carrier; a 25% chance that the babe will not have CF, and will not be a carrier.

How is CF diagnosed?

Cystic Fibrosis is diagnosed by performing what is called a "sweat test". In CF, many patients lose salt through sweat, but CF patients tend to lose more salt then a non-CF person. when a difficulty test is performed, if high salt bank occurs, then the attending of Cystic Fibrosis is there.

What is the standard life span of Cystic Fibrosis today?

Today the standard life span of Cystic Fibrosis is 30 days old. This has accretion a lot in the past decade. In the past, the life expectation of CF was 18 days old. Now due to the accretion in treatments and amplified medication, people with CF are also days into their 40's.

-Treatments used to delicacy Cystic Fibrosis

Many treatments are used nowadays to delicacy this fatal disease, such as

-Chest physiotherapy -Pancreatic enzyme replacement -Antibiotics -Nutritional therapy -Pulmonary therapy

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: