Do i have a hormone imbalance? what are the symptoms?

by Symptom Advice on September 12, 2011

im a guy and 18. my mood swings are getting worse. i get mad for no reason and then i will become happy for a day or two then i will get depressed and or angry/irritable. i get headaches and muscle aches, low and high sex drive off and on, loss of appetite, anxiety, ant–social behavior. i can't think of anything else but so i have a hormone imbalance? or does this sound normal for a teen ?

It sounds like your bi polar. I think if you were going through a lot of stress it might be normal for a guy but i would would be totally normal if you were a girl.

ipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) causes serious shifts in mood, energy, thinking, and behavior–from the highs of mania on one extreme, to the lows of depression on the other. more than just a fleeting good or bad mood, the cycles of bipolar disorder last for days, weeks, or months. And unlike ordinary mood swings, the mood changes of bipolar disorder are so intense that they interfere with your ability to function.

During a manic episode, a person might impulsively quit a job, charge up huge amounts on credit cards, or feel rested after sleeping two hours. during a depressive episode, the same person might be too tired to get out of bed and full of self-loathing and hopelessness over being unemployed and in debt.

The causes of bipolar disorder aren’t completely understood, but it often runs in families. the first manic or depressive episode of bipolar disorder usually occurs in the teenage years or early adulthood. the symptoms can be subtle and confusing, so many people with bipolar disorder are overlooked or misdiagnosed–resulting in unnecessary suffering. But with proper treatment and support, you can lead a rich and fulfilling life.

best person to ask is your doctor as this could be anything from bipolar depression to a phsyical illness. it sounds like hormones to me but a severe form of it especially seeing as it is worrying you i would go to the doctors and they can help you with techniques to calm you or to control your mood as well as reccommend any medicines or perhaps herbal rememdies to keep you calm. just try focusing less on things that make you angry if you can. you could have a social disorder that needs treating though so do make an appointment as soon as you can x

Are you still growing? In that case it might be normal. What do other people say about your behavior? If no one else notices, it may be just ordinary moods.

It's possible that it's bipolar, but you need a complete physical exam to rule out other causes.

Good luck.…

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: